Let’s work together to prevent the spread of illness!
Tri-County Regional Centre for Education (TCRCE) is in close contact with officials at public health who are monitoring the situation closely.
Health officials tell us that frequent hand washing with soap and warm water remains the best defense against the spread of respiratory illnesses. This is a call to action for all of us.
Please see below for a copy of Public Health’s Proper Hand Washing guide. As your child’s first and most important teacher, please take the opportunity to practice proper hand washing at home. This guide will be posted throughout TCRCE schools.
Here are other important messages that you can explain at home and we will reinforce in school:
- Wash your hands with soap and warm water frequently.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or a tissue, and then throw the tissue away.
- Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Don’t share food, utensils, water bottles or drinking glasses.
- If the soap has run out in the school bathroom, tell someone in the office.
Remember, if your child is sick, keep them home from school.
For the latest information on COVID-19, please visit
- See HERE for a family fact sheet around the 2019 Novel Coronavirus.