Due to construction planned for the Parade/Pleasant Street intersection, we are required to reroute traffic into/out of Yarmouth Elementary School. The Town of Yarmouth is scheduled to begin this work on September 6. These new drop off/pick up routes will be in place for the first day of school (Tuesday, September 7) and for approximately one month.
Traffic rerouting for Yarmouth Elementary due to construction:
- Parents/guardians vehicle traffic will enter YES using Grand St., off of Brunswick St.
- Please drop off/pick up your student from the sidewalk on Grand St. (as indicated on the photo below with the red arrow) as students will be using the cafeteria door to enter/exit the school.
- Traffic can then flow and turn around at the end of Grand St.
- Parents/guardians wishing to escort their students to/from the school may park in the Old Yarmouth High School lot at the rear of the building.
- School Busses only on Parade St. from Brunswick St. to bus loop.
Please note, to reduce congestion, only school staff will have access to the school parking lot and this will be closely monitored.
Thank you for your cooperation.